Leslie L. Kimes
I started my career in 1986 as an associate attorney with Strusinski & Associates, P.A. in St. Paul. I handled the firm’s family law practice, gaining extensive experience with divorce cases. After several years, litigating these cases began to leave me and my clients feeling dissatisfied and disillusioned with the adversarial court system as a means for resolving the complicated, unique and often emotional issues presented in divorce cases. In the early 1990’s, a Minneapolis attorney started the Collaborative Law Institute, whereby attorneys, along with trained financial and mental health professionals, assist parties positively restructure their families, while supporting the emotional landscape of their divorce. Conflict is reduced and the economic and emotional strain of litigation is avoided.
As a member of the Collaborative Law Institute since 1992, I have been specifically trained to help the parties work as a team rather than as adversaries, focusing on common interests, as well as their individual needs for the future. Collaborative Practice allows clients to resolve difficult financial and parenting issues on their own terms by using a team of trained neutral professionals to assist them in creating their own unique settlement agreement. This process also helps to protect children by reducing the amount of conflict between parents and ensuring that their financial needs are met.
If you need a dedicated Collaborative Practice attorney, please call me today at 763-561-9197 or feel free to contact me online to schedule an initial consultation. From my Brooklyn Park office, I represent clients throughout the Twin Cities and Northwest Metro areas, including Anoka, Hennepin, Ramsey, Washington, Dakota, Wright, Sherburne, Scott and Carver counties.
• Minnesota, 1986
• U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 1986
• Hamline University School of Law, J.D., 1985
• Hamline University, B.A., cum laude, 1982
Professional affiliations and memberships
• Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
• Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
• Member and three-term Board Member, Collaborative Law Institute of Minnesota
• Member, International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
• Volunteer Attorney, Tubman/Chrysalis, 1987 − present
• Founding Member, Collaborative Divorce Professionals, 2014 – present
• Member, The Doherty Relationship Institute, LLC, 2014 – present
• Solo practitioner, Leslie L. Kimes, Attorney at Law, 1991 − present
• Associate, Strusinski & Associates, P.A., 1986 − 1991
• Super Lawyer, 2014 – present
Leslie L. Kimes
Attorney at Law
8525 Edinbrook Crossing, Suite 206
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443